Mitch Smith, Hytrol’s Director of Product Management, recently discussed how every process and every product should add value for the customer.
“In the traditional method of business, an engineer may design product technology, a marketing team will research the best way to showcase a product, and business development will connect end users with your business. Product management utilizes all three roles, and creates a structure and takes responsibility for the overall process. The product manager must be fluent in all three areas to be able to take a product from its beginning stages to the end result,” noted Smith.
The benefits of having a product manager on board are:
1. Strengthen collaboration between internal teams. The product manager is responsible for creating a structure that teams will work within, and to work collaboratively across the environment.
2. Have a universal translator for technical information. The product manager works as a universal translator between processes, so that each employee can dedicate themselves to developing the skillsets that will best serve the customer in their current role.
3. Clearly defines expectations. By creating clearly defined expectations for a process, a product manager constructs a system in which each process is informed by and helps another.
4. Aligns market needs. A product manager examines and analyzes market research, so the product can be differentiated and provide value to the customer.
5. Reduces risk of product failure. The product manager is immersed in the customer's world, the market changes and the changes needed for existing products.
To read more, go to: http://bit.ly/2jce1sx
Hytrol has announced that the company will be a silver sponsor as well as exhibiting in booth #134 at the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) Retail Supply Chain Conference at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. from Feb. 12-15, 2017. Hytrol is a proud member of RILA.
Hytrol (www.hytrol.com) designs and manufactures advanced conveyor systems, controls, and solutions for customers with processing, manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution needs. For almost 70 years, Hytrol has demonstrated an unwavering dedication to understanding the unique material handling needs of businesses. Hytrol is focused on creating innovative, customized conveyor solutions that help companies achieve their goals. For the first time in Hytrol’s history, they have over 1000 employees.
Hytrol’s Technology Center is the birthplace for many industry-changing innovations, such as EZLogic® zero-pressure accumulation and E24™, an energy efficient, 24-volt solution and an extensive line of advanced sortation offerings, ProSort 400 Elite series high speed shoe sorter, as well as the ProSort MRT series narrow belt sorter.
Hytrol is experiencing consistent growth; 2016 will be the company’s best year ever and significant plant expansion continues. Hytrol is strengthened by its Integration Partner Network with 100+ locations worldwide. Hytrol is a proud member of RILA (Retail Industry Leaders Association) MHI, CEMA (Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association), along with IABSC (International Association of Baggage System). Follow Hytrol on Twitter @hytrol.